Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raw8725

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Hello I've just come from Android to iOS and frankly I'm annoyed. I cannot type and prefer to swipe.

Please can you lovely people recommend me some applications for swipe

and

Can you please help me try and understand what nonsense touchpal is on ios? After you write your message you have to copy and paste it to the other window? Why can't it take the place of the standard keyboard?

Thanks love you all.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So basically something similar to Swype. In any case, in iOS you can't replace various built-in native things like the keyboard, so, aside from jailbreaking and using a tweak for a different keyboard, the best thing you can do is have an app where you can use a different keyboard which then would allow you to export what you typed to a different app where you want to use it (or at least simply to copy and paste what you typed).

raw8725

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
So basically something similar to Swype. In any case, in iOS you can't replace various built-in native things like the keyboard, so, aside from jailbreaking and using a tweak for a different keyboard, the best thing you can do is have an app where you can use a different keyboard which then would allow you to export what you typed to a different app where you want to use it (or at least simply to copy and paste what you typed).

This is shocking mate! I've been swiping for years, I'd rather sell this piece of crap than change my whole communication ways. Android wipes the floor with iOS. I got a disgruntled other half complaining about my lack of communication speed. Yes big boohoo! :(

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
This is shocking mate! I've been swiping for years, I'd rather sell this piece of crap than change my whole communication ways. Android wipes the floor with iOS. I got a disgruntled other half complaining about my lack of communication speed. Yes big boohoo! :(

Then return the iphone and go back to Android?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Learn a new style of typing? My fiancee was an Android user for years using Swype. She switched to iPhone a few months ago and is having no problems whatsoever.

If that's a huge problem, research prior to buying an iPhone should have alerted you to that fact, and it may be time to switch back to Android.

raw8725

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Learn a new style of typing? My fiancee was an Android user for years using Swype. She switched to iPhone a few months ago and is having no problems whatsoever.

If that's a huge problem, research prior to buying an iPhone should have alerted you to that fact, and it may be time to switch back to Android.

Android 4.2.2 is frankly beautiful. The Nexus 4 is a budget phone, its crappy but the OS works so nicely. I have that. Would love to slap Android inside the iPhone. I can't see iOS being able to dominate in the distant future without them copying what Android has evolved in to.

Kurios2

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Android 4.2.2 is frankly beautiful. The Nexus 4 is a budget phone, its crappy but the OS works so nicely. I have that. Would love to slap Android inside the iPhone. I can't see iOS being able to dominate in the distant future without them copying what Android has evolved in to.

My remarks to raw8725 weren't meant to ridicule him. Sometimes on here we get so caught up in ios, iphone and other problems, so I tried a little humor, but apparently it was taken to be serious. As a member, I'll be more careful with my words.

raw8725, I do apologize.

raw8725

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
My remarks to raw8725 weren't meant to ridicule him. Sometimes on here we get so caught up in ios, iphone and other problems, so I tried a little humor, but apparently it was taken to be serious. As a member, I'll be more careful with my words.

raw8725, I do apologize.

Relax, I love you and America too. Oh yeah I love the smooth scrolling on my iphone5 too. I guess iOS is the way it to optimise a quick mobile phone to user experience without the clutter.

Can't Apple and Google make love and not war too? A fusion would be great for us end users.

Kurios2

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Relax, I love you and America too. Oh yeah I love the smooth scrolling on my iphone5 too. I guess iOS is the way it to optimise a quick mobile phone to user experience without the clutter.

Can't Apple and Google make love and not war too? A fusion would be great for us end users.

I've had both phones, but the iPhone always seemed to run smoother too and then you have all the apps, which I check out everyday.

If they both (Apple Google) worked together, can you imagine what they would come up with?

wealthychef

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2009
Touchpal works on my iphone, not on iPad

I have iphone 5, and Touchpal swiping works great on it. Have to get jailbreak. My iPad is not doing so well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.