Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregrose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I’m coming from iPhone se and trying to get use to the swiping. I am constantly swiping and getting the damn app switcher and it’s really ruining my experience, when all I want is to get to Home Screen. Is there a way to disable swiping up to app switcher when leaving an app? All I want is to swipe home. I’m doing it 75% of the time it’s driving me crazy.

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
As far as I'm aware, there is no "legal" way to disable swiping up for app switcher. Just make sure you do short and quick swipes if you want to go to the home screen.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Camarillo Brillo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2019
Weirdly, I'm having the opposite problem. I want to switch apps but it's not easy figuring out the right timing of the swipe up, I can only get the recent apps half the time.

Swiping up to go to the home screen works every time though.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Weirdly, I'm having the opposite problem. I want to switch apps but it's not easy figuring out the right timing of the swipe up, I can only get the recent apps half the time.

Try doing a gentle swipe up and then pause until you start to see the window turn into a card, you will then start to see the other apps that are cards as well. Release and you will be in the app switcher. When I switched from using a iPhone 6S Plus to my 13 Pro Max, it took some retraining to go from a physical button to all gestures.

Reactions: Camarillo Brillo

gregrose

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010

Let’s switch problems please! Lol

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I’m coming from iPhone se and trying to get use to the swiping. I am constantly swiping and getting the damn app switcher and it’s really ruining my experience, when all I want is to get to Home Screen. Is there a way to disable swiping up to app switcher when leaving an app? All I want is to swipe home. I’m doing it 75% of the time it’s driving me crazy.
When you are in the app switcher, touch the area at the very bottom of the screen. You will see all the app cards move to the left, you will see the home screen. The other way is to do a quick swipe up and release.

EddieKeyton1

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2021
To get to the Home Screen. Gently swipe up from the black bar at the bottom without any pause at all. If you pause even the slightest. The app switcher will appear. There is an assistive option I believe that will create a home button. On screen. But that will take up a very small amount of screen real estate.

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
Bottom left corner = app switch.

Bottom slow = app switch

Bottom flick fast = home

SE2 = maybe easier for you ?

Reactions: DeepIn2U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

App Switcher ... swipe up half way of the screen and pause. You'll see your app as cards, when done this way you'll feel a very slight vibration (a jiggle if you will) that will indicate app switching just as the cards show up). That should work 100% of the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.