Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedKite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2017
I’ve had a Switch for over a year now and it gets a lot of play from myself and the rest of my family and kids. My partner just got one yesterday and we noticed that there are slight color differences. I’m US born but live in the UK..... but my grey joycon bundle Switch is from Germany it says on the back of the tablet component. My partner’s one also from a UK game shop and the neon joycon bundle and mentions it being Japanese (I forgot what it says exactly as it’s not on my person) but the text is definitely different!

And it’s not just the text. The tablet shell material is darker and more glossy on mine, the neon joycon one is more mat and maybe a shade lighter. The joycons are slightly different colors.... I bought some Neon joycons maybe a month ago.... they’re not old basically.... yet my partner’s neon joycons are slightly desaturated. Surely it should be the other way around with the older model being more faded?

The model number is the same. No revisions. Just thought it was interesting.

janssen83

Suspended
Feb 21, 2018
I have not noticed or is it that Nintendo is fixing the joycon signal is not good.

I’ve had a Switch for over a year now and it gets a lot of play from myself and the rest of my family and kids. My partner just got one yesterday and we noticed that there are slight color differences. I’m US born but live in the UK..... but my grey joycon bundle Switch is from Germany it says on the back of the tablet component. My partner’s one also from a UK game shop and the neon joycon bundle and mentions it being Japanese (I forgot what it says exactly as it’s not on my person) but the text is definitely different!

And it’s not just the text. The tablet shell material is darker and more glossy on mine, the neon joycon one is more mat and maybe a shade lighter. The joycons are slightly different colors.... I bought some Neon joycons maybe a month ago.... they’re not old basically.... yet my partner’s neon joycons สมัครLive22 are slightly desaturated. Surely it should be the other way around with the older model being more faded?

The model number is the same. No revisions. Just thought it was interesting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.