Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonefanatic

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
I was considering getting one but was hesitant because I am not a huge fan of silicone cases. From the reviews that I have read it really doesn't have a silicony feel. Is that correct? ALso, what kind of drop protection does it provide?

Thanks

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It feels more like a rubbery plastic than silicone. I'd venture to guess you could equate it to the backing that was rumored to be on the next iPhone. I mean if it had been a true rumor.

iphonefanatic

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
It feels more like a rubbery plastic than silicone. I'd venture to guess you could equate it to the backing that was rumored to be on the next iPhone. I mean if it had been a true rumor.

Thanks,

I'm guessing you have one? Do you like it. I'm always in search of the perfect case, and the jellybean intruiged me.

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
Thanks,

I'm guessing you have one? Do you like it. I'm always in search of the perfect case, and the jellybean intruiged me.

I don't care for mine :( In fact, I am trying to sell the unopened, 2nd one I have. In terms of the feel which you asked about, I like it. I agree with the poster above that it doesn't feel silicone-y. It's very soft and smooth and feels good in your hands. BUT. It's too loose (imo) on the phone. And it collects way more dust than the silicone case I have on my touch. So I've decided to replace mine.

iphonefanatic

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
I don't care for mine :( In fact, I am trying to sell the unopened, 2nd one I have. In terms of the feel which you asked about, I like it. I agree with the poster above that it doesn't feel silicone-y. It's very soft and smooth and feels good in your hands. BUT. It's too loose (imo) on the phone. And it collects way more dust than the silicone case I have on my touch. So I've decided to replace mine.

Are you selling it on ebay? And what color. I'm not really sure that it is a great case but I am interested in trying it out.

chhhrrriiisss

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
Connecticut
I have the brown colored Color case and I don't like it. I did at first but it seems to get lint all over it and I hate that! I do love the rebel serpent's though. They look really good on the iphone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.