Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i3igsmooth5769

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys, i have the first generation iphone and finally decided to upgrade to the 3gs........after doing much research on what case to get, i went with the switcheasy colors truffle and its still in its packaging awaiting the 3gs this coming week. My question is if this case gathers lint and dust which ends up scratching the apple logo and the back plastic? should i get the Zagg shield to go with the case? im a little unsure of the zagg but what do u guys think?

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hey guys, i have the first generation iphone and finally decided to upgrade to the 3gs........after doing much research on what case to get, i went with the switcheasy colors truffle and its still in its packaging awaiting the 3gs this coming week. My question is if this case gathers lint and dust which ends up scratching the apple logo and the back plastic? should i get the Zagg shield to go with the case? im a little unsure of the zagg but what do u guys think?

It gathers a ton of dust. I am switching mine this week. But it did not end up scratching the Apple logo or the back of my phone.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I have the black one. It is a nice looking case, but an absolute lint magnet (on the outside). It didn't scratch my iPhone though. I bought an iSkin Solo afterwards and much prefer it.

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
It's a great case. Feels really soft in the hand and has not caused a single scratch ANYWHERE on my phone, and I really inspected it closely every week when I got it, but now I only check occasionally because I'm confident that nothing will happen.

i3igsmooth5769

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It's a great case. Feels really soft in the hand and has not caused a single scratch ANYWHERE on my phone, and I really inspected it closely every week when I got it, but now I only check occasionally because I'm confident that nothing will happen.

well so far these responses are giving me confidence....i had heard that the case is a little loose fitting and when you pull the phone in and out of your pocket it shifts around in the case and gets scratched by all the dust that has gathered in there...so i thought i may just put on a zagg shield that will give it a snugger fit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.