Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
Bought Pixel 7 on launch day and used it for a month or so. Then I was fascinated by the beauty of iPhone 14 Pro and got it dec and used it for a couple of months. While it's a great piece of hardware I got bored of iOS now.

So iPhone 14 Pro goes back on sale and restored my Pixel 7 today. I'm so glad.

Things I missed the most while using iphone - Pixel camera while iphone got alt better I still prefer the still photos from Pixel. The computational photography of Google is unmatched

Google assistant- I still prefer this over Siri.

Navigation gestures of Pixel - swiping back and forth is such a nice thing to have.

Now the problem is finding a slim case that has the Google logo. Not many to choose. I might try the Google case and hope it's not too thick.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
Bought Pixel 7 on launch day and used it for a month or so. Then I was fascinated by the beauty of iPhone 14 Pro and got it dec and used it for a couple of months. While it's a great piece of hardware I got bored of iOS now.

Things I missed the most while using iphone - Pixel camera while iphone got alt better I still prefer the still photos from Pixel. The computational photography of Google is unmatched

Navigation gestures of Pixel - swiping back and forth is such a nice thing to have.

Now the problem is finding a slim case that has the Google logo. Not many to choose. I might try the Google case and hope it's not too thick.
Completely agree on all fronts.

I use an iPad and had an iPhone before my Pixel 7 and sometimes on the iPhone or iPad I would swipe to go back and it wouldn't work and I was like what is wrong and then remembered I was in iOS or iPadOS. Lol. I really don't like Apple gestures because I have to hunt for the arrow to go back if I am half way down a page. It is just annoying but I know that Apple will most likely never adopt the much more intuitive swipe left or right feature from Android.

Siri is practically useless compared to Google assistant. With Google assistant you can pretty much use the phone completely hands free including creating content for texts, emails, etc. It is pretty amazing. Kind of the closest thing to a computer with using just voice input. I feel like I am in the future. Lol

I like Spigen cases for the money. I also like Zagg gear4 cases when they are on a big sale. Google branded cases generally are expensive and don't offer much protection.

Since you have the regular Pixel 7 a decent tempered glass screen protector should not be too expensive.

If I could have kept my iPhone 13 Pro Max I would have. As much as some things about iOS bother me I still think it is a decent OS. I will probably get an iPhone 15 or 16 depending on cost, trade in or resale value of what I have and if I can make it work. Normally I like having an iOS device and an Android but because I switched carriers and T-Mobile were being serious jerks I could not unlock the phone I paid for an used for over a year on their network so I traded it for the Pixel 7 Pro for basically an even swap during a sale and high trade value last year.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
the best part of the Pixel 7 is how thin it is, and easy to use, its very responsive and I got one from best buy for $350 how can you go wrong?!

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
the best part of the Pixel 7 is how thin it is, and easy to use, its very responsive and I got one from best buy for $350 how can you go wrong?!
Enjoy your phone. It's the best phone imo...

I actually sold my iphone 14 Pro and bought my new Pixel 7 for 1/3 of the price. Insane!!

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Enjoy your phone. It's the best phone imo...

I actually sold my iphone 14 Pro and bought my new Pixel 7 for 1/3 of the price. Insane!!
yes thanks! it is an excellent phone! Fun to use!

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Photos of my family pixel is unmatched

I'm an apple guy first but photos of my son makes it impossible not to own a Pixel as well
yeah I hear ya the camera is sick, and the pixel is SO slim it can slip easily in a pocket and weights nothing. Got m one for $360 at Best Buy on sale... crazy deal super capable device.

Reactions: The Game 161

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
yeah I hear ya the camera is sick, and the pixel is SO slim it can slip easily in a pocket and weights nothing. Got m one for $360 at Best Buy on sale... crazy deal super capable device.

Can’t go wrong at that price

techspinning

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2015
Brisbane, Australia
Anyone have both the pixel and iPhone?
I’m thinking about getting the upcoming Pixel 7a while keeping my iPhone 14, which is a work phone so I have to keep it anyways. Ha. I use dual sim on the iPhone for my work and personal mobile numbers but really do enjoy the Pixel and had the 6a before getting my work phone earlier this year.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I’m thinking about getting the upcoming Pixel 7a while keeping my iPhone 14, which is a work phone so I have to keep it anyways. Ha. I use dual sim on the iPhone for my work and personal mobile numbers but really do enjoy the Pixel and had the 6a before getting my work phone earlier this year.
Yes agree pixel is a great phone!
yep

14 pro max and pixel 7 pro. iphone is my daily and pixel is my work phone pretty much
the 7a won't be quiet as good as the 7 right expect display?

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
The official Google case is very good.

Kottu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2014

Is it possible to record calls on Pixel 7? On iPhone I see only expensive apps and I am not sure how good they are. I don't want to buy any "China" owned phones just to get record function. As I am into the apple ecosystem I will be using Pixel only for my work. When I had Samsung before I bought my iPhone 12PM, it could save all my call logs unlike iPhone. I could also delete 100+ calls from my wife with only a couple of clicks. You can't even chose multiple calls on iPhone to delete. Either you delete one by one or you delete all at once!

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
Is it possible to record calls on Pixel 7? On iPhone I see only expensive apps and I am not sure how good they are. I don't want to buy any "China" owned phones just to get record function. As I am into the apple ecosystem I will be using Pixel only for my work. When I had Samsung before I bought my iPhone 12PM, it could save all my call logs unlike iPhone. I could also delete 100+ calls from my wife with only a couple of clicks. You can't even chose multiple calls on iPhone to delete. Either you delete one by one or you delete all at once!
I don't think you can record calls on Pixel phones. May be there are 3rd party apps that do this.

Kottu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2014
According to Google you can. But I don't know anyone who has a Pixel 7 to check it.

okkibs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2022
According to Google you can. But I don't know anyone who has a Pixel 7 to check it.
I do not have the recording option on my older Pixel running the current Android 13 although on the older TP1A build from 2022.

The Pixel 7 has a mediocre display, the 6 was even worse and had one of the worst screens in midrange smartphones. The 13 and 14 Pro have high quality LTPO panels in an improved iteration. That alone would stop me from switching to the 7 and it shows there are good reasons for the price difference.

I have a Pixel 6 Pro as well and that has a first gen LTPO, but nonetheless great display that can compete with the Pro iPhones... except that all current Pixels have the awful displays that bend over the edges. I can't stand it on the 6 Pro. Thankfully Google is presumably changing that with the 8 series.

That's not to say I like that iPhone all that much, not a fan of the bigger island notch and that USB 2.0 port is shameful for a flagship device.

SG83

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2023

for me- Siri is way better than google assistant. Not that GA is less powerful; it is more powerful, *but* it can never understand my accent. I end up repeating most of the (even simple) stuff so half of the time i end up typing it. with Siri it's way easier, i have way fewer problems.

and yeah, iOS is boring when compared to android- but at some point you may decide to value your time and settle down for an ecosystem that works perfectly fine with itself.

ps. if i'd have a pixel 7 i'd install grapheneos on it. i despise google and its practice

SG83

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2023
you would need to install apps from outside the google store. also, google is actually making it harder for them to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.