Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikedesign

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Spain
Hi all

Not had an iPhone since the 4s but finally had enough of Android so I’m going back to the iPhone (I’m already a Mac and iPad user)

What I can’t decide is which model to get. I’d really like a smaller phone, but have gotten used to the great camera on the s7 edge. Would an iPhone 7 compare favorably or should I go for the 8?

The X looks amazing, but I’m going to get the Apple Watch too and total price is a consideration.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hi all

Not had an iPhone since the 4s but finally had enough of Android so I’m going back to the iPhone (I’m already a Mac and iPad user)

What I can’t decide is which model to get. I’d really like a smaller phone, but have gotten used to the great camera on the s7 edge. Would an iPhone 7 compare favorably or should I go for the 8?

The X looks amazing, but I’m going to get the Apple Watch too and total price is a consideration.

The iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 have a lot of similarities, but the advantages with the latest processor, wireless charging, Tru-tone display, camera, etc are in favor of the iPhone 8. Being that you're upgrading back to an iPhone, I would probably opt for the iPhone 8, as it will last you longer in iOS updates and the price difference is not to far apart from each other.

But if you were still looking to save some money, the iPhone 7 could still easily be considered as an option. It's still a great iPhone and has many capabilities, and is powerful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.