Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ansirone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
City of Angeles
hi,

so my mobileme service is close to expiring for the year.
i would like to save some dough and switch all my services to my gmail, dropbox and google sync.

can i get some advice/help on transitioning all my stuff to google?

i also have an iphone thats synced to mobileme as well. thanks!

nutsnbolts

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2008
My MobileMe is actually expiring in 5 days and I have ordered it again for 30 dollars less.

Yes, I know I was actually in the same situation as you but decided to get it again only for the simple fact that I like the "Find my Phone" feature of MobileMe and iPhone.

Quite honestly I don't think I have justified the purchase because I only used it for Contacts sync'ng which it did wonderfully for me and the find my phone feature.

Calendar, I use Google sync but to answer your question, everything definitely can be achieved using Google.

Here is the app you need. http://www.google.com/mobile/products/sync.html#p=apple

Other than that this should help you get started. BACK UP first

andyOSX

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I know push contact syncing is supported with Google on the iPhone, but what about address book? It says it only updates every hour? Is there any way to manually force it to sync?

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
I know push contact syncing is supported with Google on the iPhone, but what about address book? It says it only updates every hour? Is there any way to manually force it to sync?

To manually sync you need to use the Sync menu bar icon. To turnit on, open iSync, go into Preferences, click "Show Status in Menu Bar".

superflush

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you're asking. But I just tested something out:
If I add someone to my 'My Contacts' in Google Contacts online, that person shows up with seconds in my Contacts on my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.