Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vineli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2016
My iPhone 5 Finally broke on me. I've had it since launch. The battery failed on me. It would go from 100% to 10% within two minutes of use. I managed to get through for a while until two days ago it wouldn't charge up anymore even after 48hrs plugged in nada it finally met its end.

I was considering getting a 2nd hand iPhone 6 or 6s but I instead went with the iPhone 7 Plus 128gb which should be coming in tomorrow.

My question is with all the hype that Apple will completely redesign the next iPhone do you think it'll be a good idea to dump the iPhone 7 Plus 2-3 Months before the next iPhone comes out & and pick up a used iPhone 6 for the remainder and then upgrade to the new iPhone?

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
My iPhone 5 Finally broke on me. I've had it since launch. The battery failed on me. It would go from 100% to 10% within two minutes of use. I managed to get through for a while until two days ago it wouldn't charge up anymore even after 48hrs plugged in nada it finally met its end.

I was considering getting a 2nd hand iPhone 6 or 6s but I instead went with the iPhone 7 Plus 128gb which should be coming in tomorrow.

My question is with all the hype that Apple will completely redesign the next iPhone do you think it'll be a good idea to dump the iPhone 7 Plus 2-3 Months before the next iPhone comes out & and pick up a used iPhone 6 for the remainder and then upgrade to the new iPhone?

Going from a 5 to a 7 plus will be a huge upgrade for you. Why not just enjoy your new phone and not worry about what the future might bring?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I agree with joe above.
Enjoy your phone.
Wait to see if the next iPhone would be worth it for you to upgrade from your newer iPhone 7.
Enjoy your iPhone 7. I wouldn't see it as investment property or worry so much about selling it and rebuying an i6 early in order to sell it again and get the new one.

Reactions: T5BRICK

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

I would keep it. Being the next iPhone is already 10 months away. And I think once you truly use the 7 Plus, you will truly appreciate what it has to offer.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I replaced the battery on my old iPhone 5 and it is still performing like a champ for my father, who has kept it on iOS7. I skipped the iPhone 7 and am waiting to see what Apple bring to the table in September next year. I've kept my 6S+ but am trying out Android on an Xperia XZ (and loving it I must say) for the next 10 months.

The 7+ will be a superb upgrade for you so don't fret it, just enjoy for 24 months or however long your contract is. You've skipped the 6 and 6S so why worry about the next iteration?

Reactions: Sunny1990
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.