Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I use CarPlay almost exclusively in my 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat (SYNC 3). I have noticed that if I am listening to a SiriusXM station on the in-truck radio and get an incoming text (or phone call), when the car ends or text stops, instead of resuming the SiriusXM station on the truck radio, it starts to play the most recent audio app from my phone.

Here's the series of events:
  1. Listen to SiriusXM on the truck's radio
  2. Get an incoming text, which I allow Siri to read
  3. I reply to the text using Siri
  4. Music resumes, but it's playing Spotify from my phone instead of SiriusXM on my truck radio
Any one experience this, and more importantly, discovered how to make the SiriusXM station to resume instead?

Last edited:

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I use CarPlay almost exclusively in my 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat. I have noticed that if I am listening to a SiriusXM station on the in-truck radio and get an incoming text (or phone call), when the car ends or text stops, instead of resuming the SiriusXM station on the truck radio, it starts to play the most recent audio app from my phone.

Here's the series of events:
  1. Listen to SiriusXM on the truck's radio
  2. Get an incoming text, which I allow Siri to read
  3. I reply to the text using Siri
  4. Music resumes, but it's playing Spotify from my phone instead of SiriusXM on my truck radio
Any one experience this, and more importantly, discovered how to make the SiriusXM station to resume instead?

You’re not going to be able to unsee Sync4 are you?

• Haha
Reactions: AZhappyjack
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.