Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Babber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2021
Hi there. I'm new to iOS products. Currently an Android user, but am hoping to make the switch to iPads. However, I have a scenario that I use on the Android tablet that I need to be able to do on an iPad and I'm hoping someone can help me find the solution.

I need to have the iPad sync a folder (and all subfolders and files) from a cloud service (doesn't have to be iCloud) to the iPad's internal storage, so the files can be accessed when offline. It would be a bonus if I could schedule this sync to happen at certain times of the day (when I know the tablet will be in a WiFi zone). The sync only needs to happen one way - from cloud storage to iPad internal storage.

On Android, I used an app called FolderSync and it worked very well. However, I could not find this same app in the App Store.

Does anyone know of a way this can be done on iOS? The iPad currently has iOS 14.7.1, but am happy to update to iOS 15, if it's a requirement.

Thanks.

Babber

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I use FileBrowser Pro and synch a folder plus subfolders from Dropbox to my iPad Pro (I just do it one way). The synch time is set up as a frequency - every 1, 4, 8, 12, or 24 hours.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Documents by Readdle can do this from a multitude of cloud/server solutions too.

Reactions: dsusanj

Babber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2021
Thank you to both sparksd and erciwn. I'll test both of those apps today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.