Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heavymen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2017
Hello

I just installed iOS11, and the option to sync messages on iCloud is missing under messages. I checked in Settings-iCloud and it isn't there either. Has the feature been removed? I am running iOS 11 on an iPhone 6.

Also, the same feature is not available on my MacBook Pro either when I check in message-preferences. Has any one got any idea why I may be missing this? I am running High Sierra on my Mac.

Many thanks.

H

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
Hello

I just installed iOS11, and the option to sync messages on iCloud is missing under messages. I checked in Settings-iCloud and it isn't there either. Has the feature been removed? I am running iOS 11 on an iPhone 6.

Also, the same feature is not available on my MacBook Pro either when I check in message-preferences. Has any one got any idea why I may be missing this? I am running High Sierra on my Mac.

Many thanks.

H
Yep it was removed. Too buggy. Will come back on a point release of 11

KUKitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
England
Yes, unfortunately removed - I was quite happy to finally have that across phone, tablet and computer...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.