Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedzsan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2016
Leander, TX
I have an iPhone, two iPads, and a Watch. The Watch probably isn't really part of this discussion but I mention it just to be complete.

Is there a way to sync the settings between devices? I know Watch mostly copies from the iPhone it is paired with but it would be nice if I could decide on a setting on one device and then push it to the other devices. And... of course, this would get complicated because of compatibility problems and sometimes you would not want to match the devices, blah blah blah...

So... as an intermediate solution, is there a way to dump out all of the settings to a JSON, XML, YAML formatted file? Then I could compare the files and manually get things to be in sync.

pedzsan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2016
Leander, TX
If you have the same Apple ID on all devices and using iCloud to back things up, would that sync all your data across devices?
The data is synced but I was talking about "settings" ... are they synced too? I didn't think so. For example Settings => Display & Brightness => Night Shift. There are tons of settings of them at this point.

I don't think they get synced between devices but I'll play with it some and see. I'm waiting for iPadOS to come out today and then I'll look into it more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.