Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lisamel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Oslo, Norway
Hi!
I have had MobileMe for quite a while now, and not had any problems with it.. Except for the address book.

I have an iMac, Macbook Air and iPhone. They are all linked to my MM account. At first I wrote the lastname after my mum, dad and sister. Later on I regretted this and deleted it. But now and again the last names pop back up. Like if I go and send an email, suddenly the last name will appear everywhere. Sometimes it happens even if I dont go into address book, mail or anything.

Is there something I can do? I have tried to delete the lastnames on all macs and iphone, but still it comes up sometimes.

Thanks for any help!

Lisa

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
If your issue is when you are emailing these folks, the problem is not in address book, it is in Mail. In Mail, go to Window>previous recipients. Delete the offending names there. From time to time, I delete all the names there so that it will be nice and clean, and I'll not chance sending email to the wrong person. This will NOT affect your address book at all. It is only the previous recipients, and that will repopulate as you send mail to people in your address book.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.