Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclaw21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
I'm looking to sync my Outlook Notes via my work Exchange account. Despite syncing my Exchange mail, calendar, and tasks, iOS6 apparently does not sync note (i.e. I don't even have the option to do so). So far I haven't found any third-party apps that will allow me to do so. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
I'm looking to sync my Outlook Notes via my work Exchange account. Despite syncing my Exchange mail, calendar, and tasks, iOS6 apparently does not sync note (i.e. I don't even have the option to do so). So far I haven't found any third-party apps that will allow me to do so. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

In outlook, I write a lot of work-related notes as draft emails. Its just a habit I got into - partly because email editing is better (and it has undo!). I never send them, obviously, since they're only notes to myself. Many have been sitting in my PC's drafts folder for years.

So I'm wondering if I moved them all to a separate folder in outlook, if I could sync that with my phone? That would be neat, because I already sync personal notes from my macs with my phone and want to maintain a work/personal separation. I'm going to give it a try later. Will report back. Thanks for asking the question. Got me thinking! :)

maclaw21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
In outlook, I write a lot of work-related notes as draft emails. Its just a habit I got into - partly because email editing is better (and it has undo!). I never send them, obviously, since they're only notes to myself. Many have been sitting in my PC's drafts folder for years.

So I'm wondering if I moved them all to a separate folder in outlook, if I could sync that with my phone? That would be neat, because I already sync personal notes from my macs with my phone and want to maintain a work/personal separation. I'm going to give it a try later. Will report back. Thanks for asking the question. Got me thinking! :)

This is not a bad idea at all. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. That said, I'd still prefer to be able to do this natively or with the use of a third-party app.

maclaw21

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Did you try "IMExchange2"? Not sure if it still works or works with all versions of Exchange.

Now that you mention it, I have. I wasn't that enamored with it. It appears it hasn't been updated since July 2011.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.