Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
When choosing to sync iCal with the iPhone, you can choose what calendar your new events go into when created on the iPhone. I made a special calendar just for my iPhone entries... but I can't seem to select it! It's permanently stuck on "Other" for some reason.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

theolog

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
reset sync history

try resetting your sync history in iSync (iSync > Prefs > Reset Sync History)
reboot after rest and see if problem persists

JW008

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
When choosing to sync iCal with the iPhone, you can choose what calendar your new events go into when created on the iPhone. I made a special calendar just for my iPhone entries... but I can't seem to select it! It's permanently stuck on "Other" for some reason.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I was just about to post this problem when I figured it out.

Instead of choosing "All calendars," choose "selected calendars" and select the ones that you want. As soon as I did this I was able to change it (even if I individually selected all the calendars).

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
I was just about to post this problem when I figured it out.

Instead of choosing "All calendars," choose "selected calendars" and select the ones that you want. As soon as I did this I was able to change it (even if I individually selected all the calendars).

That worked great! Thanks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.