Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Running an iPad Air with JB 7.0.6 and was in iTunes prepping my device for an upcoming trip (loading some TV shows).....At the bottom, the summary says I have 137 songs (music is unchecked to sync), 1025 photos (I dont have that box checked and my camera roll only has 55 photos in it), 1.43GB of docs and data (no clue what this is) and 3.30GB of "other."

What is the world can I do to fix this?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Docs and Data is likely anything saved inside of whatever applications/games etc that you have on iPad. If you use iCloud backup, you can look at how much space the backup for each app is using (Settings/iCloud/Storage & Backup/Manage Storage/) then look under Documents and Data (show all). You can delete desired parts of the iCloud backup if you wish.

The Other file is a mix of all sorts of files and such. There have been numerous threads here about how to reduce the size. The best way to shrink it is a restore, set up as new, do not restore to backup. This is a normal function of iDevices, over time the other file can get quite large.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Docs and Data is likely anything saved inside of whatever applications/games etc that you have on iPad. If you use iCloud backup, you can look at how much space the backup for each app is using (Settings/iCloud/Storage & Backup/Manage Storage/) then look under Documents and Data (show all). You can delete desired parts of the iCloud backup if you wish.

The Other file is a mix of all sorts of files and such. There have been numerous threads here about how to reduce the size. The best way to shrink it is a restore, set up as new, do not restore to backup. This is a normal function of iDevices, over time the other file can get quite large.

What about all of the pictures it says is there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.