Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Hey all,

I've got a great collection of live photos on my Mac in Photos (latest version, all up to date) but can't figure a way to get them to sync back to my iPhone when syncing an Album or Event, I just get the static version - anyone got any ideas?

All versions up to date, working with a 2012 iMac and an iPhone 6S

wacky4alanis

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2009
When I sync a directory of photos from my PC to the iPhone, it puts any live photos in that directory into the associated album on my iPhone. It does NOT include regular movies though. I guess I would have to put those in a separate directory and sync them as movies.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
See this isn't what I find on photos, I haven't tried from a. Folder on my Mac, but in either case that would be an inconvenient work around again. Thanks for the input though.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Bumping as I found someone on the apple forums that suggested repairing the library would work for this but no joy - surely I can't be alone in this issue?

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Bumping as I found someone on the apple forums that suggested repairing the library would work for this but no joy - surely I can't be alone in this issue?
What OS is the MAC running? I'm pretty sure that what you are trying to do is only gonna work with El Capitan

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
When you place live photos in an album on your MAC, have you tested to make sure that they are still "live"?
Yeah they work fine on the Mac, they are in a smart album and play wonderfully on there. :-/

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Yeah they work fine on the Mac, they are in a smart album and play wonderfully on there. :-/
That's weird, because I'm pretty sure that I had that working when I was running EL Cap on my MBP. I'd be happy to test it for you but I was having issues with EL Cap and downgraded back to Yosemite, and it won't work on Yosemite for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.