Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
Hey all, I'm thinking about taking the jump and putting the public beta of iOS 9 on my iPad, while sticking with iOS 8.4 and Yosemite on my iPhone and Mac. My question is is what happens to Notes syncing between my devices if I do that?

Will Notes on my iOS 9 iPad still sync with my iOS 8.4 iPhone and OS X Yosemite Mac? Or will those notes be cut off until my iPhone and Mac are upgraded?

Also, if those notes are cut off, will iCloud stop syncing Notes between my iOS 8.4 iPhone and Yosemite Mac? In other words, once iCloud starts syncing your iOS 9 Notes, do those take precedence over any legacy Notes?

Thanks!

MandevilleMike

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2014
Don't use the new notes on iOS 9 beta. If you do you WILL have to upgrade to betas on all your devices, macs, etc.

Hey all, I'm thinking about taking the jump and putting the public beta of iOS 9 on my iPad, while sticking with iOS 8.4 and Yosemite on my iPhone and Mac. My question is is what happens to Notes syncing between my devices if I do that?

Will Notes on my iOS 9 iPad still sync with my iOS 8.4 iPhone and OS X Yosemite Mac? Or will those notes be cut off until my iPhone and Mac are upgraded?

Also, if those notes are cut off, will iCloud stop syncing Notes between my iOS 8.4 iPhone and Yosemite Mac? In other words, once iCloud starts syncing your iOS 9 Notes, do those take precedence over any legacy Notes?

Thanks!

Reactions: 67952
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.