Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgreeneyes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Gatineau,Canada
Hello,

i have 14 pdfs that are in the books app on my macbook. That synced to my iphone se but did not sync to my ipad.
All the settings are the same on both devices.

im not sure what i need to do.
Is there a way to force my ipad to sync the books and pdfs?

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I had a problem with research PDFs syncing across devices a while back, but have not had any issues in a while. I would locate them with my Mac, add them to Books and then later pick up iPad to read them, but they would occasionally not arrive / sync.

im[sic] not sure what i need to do.
Patience. The fix is just around the corner.

Is there a way to force my ipad to sync the books and pdfs?
I 'forced' the sync by dropping the pdf in a temp iCloud folder location. Then on iPad, locate PDF in Files > Add to Books.

cmcbhi

Contributor
Nov 3, 2014
FWIW, I've used Acrobat Reader (free) and Adobe (free) Document Cloud for years to keep/access my pdf. files across multiple Apple devices.
No problems for years.
JMHO

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Whatever.
Adobe, as a company, has been negligent and incompetent on level rarely seen and only recently matched by Zoom.

Just a little FWIW, in case did not know. Also a small warning to the OP, whom you recommended the abhorrent company.

cmcbhi

Contributor
Nov 3, 2014
That’s good to know.
Since I don’t use Creative Cloud on my portable devices and only use Photoshop and Lightroom Classic (local storage only) on my iMac, battery life is not an issue that I have encountered.
As for data breaches, Adobe isn’t the largest, and they did not leak financial data.
‘Equifax with 163 Million breached user files would worry me more.
FaceBook, which I never used has had almost 1 Billion users’ data lost.
Yahoo approaching 4 Billion!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.