Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I've got a client with a new Samsung Galaxy Tablet and a year old Galaxy phone. Not sure about which models. Just budget models and it's a one hour round trip to check. So, don't bother asking.

Anyways, they wanted photos to sync between the devices. Basically like they do on Apple devices and iCloud.

I tried following Samsung's article on turning on autosync. Everything appears to be in Onedrive. But changes made in Samsung Gallery are not reflecting on the other device in Samsung Gallery. Even though both are setup for autosync. But looking at the article more. It seems more like autosync with Onedrive isn't even a true syncing solution and more like a backup.

This is the support article I followed to enable autosync.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
What devices and Android version do you have?
I have mine set up between my S21 and S7FE tab, and they are synced fine. Photos that I edited (eg cropped) on my S21 are shown cropped on the tablet.

Make sure all your devices are updated to the latest OneUI, and make sure to update the OneDrive app on them as well. Also, after you do any edits, try manually forcing a sync (Gallery, Settings, Sync with OneDrive, Sync Now). This is one issue I have. The syncing is not immediate like iPhone+iCloud. Sometimes it will wait until the phone is being charged and idle.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Thanks it was some budget model Samsung phone and tablet. My client decided to return the Samsung tablet. They aren’t going to pay me a $xx round trip minimum to try stuff. I’m not going to offer any guarantees on products I don’t normally support and didn’t recommend.

This was just something they wanted me to work on while I was fixing a network issue. But after my attempt to sync failed. They decided to go with my recommendation of an iPad and iPhone.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I've got a client with a new Samsung Galaxy Tablet and a year old Galaxy phone. Not sure about which models. Just budget models and it's a one hour round trip to check. So, don't bother asking.

Anyways, they wanted photos to sync between the devices. Basically like they do on Apple devices and iCloud.

I tried following Samsung's article on turning on autosync. Everything appears to be in Onedrive. But changes made in Samsung Gallery are not reflecting on the other device in Samsung Gallery. Even though both are setup for autosync. But looking at the article more. It seems more like autosync with Onedrive isn't even a true syncing solution and more like a backup.

This is the support article I followed to enable autosync.
Do yourself and your client a favor and use Google Photos. It doesn't matter what device you have or model or OS version. It will sync all photos taken by any device into the cloud and available on all devices and or desktops.

I use Android and IOS devices and this works on all devices no matter what platform or device.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Do yourself and your client a favor and use Google Photos. It doesn't matter what device you have or model or OS version. It will sync all photos taken by any device into the cloud and available on all devices and or desktops.

I use Android and IOS devices and this works on all devices no matter what platform or device.
The nice thing about OneDrive syncing is that it integrates with the default Samsung Gallery app. It also works great if you have Windows PC as it then syncs to the Windows Photos app.

Reactions: jamezr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.