Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
I was able to sync the phone to my G35 easily. However the car stores an address book which you can populate by sending contacts from the phone to the car via bluetooth. I don't see any way to do this on the phone. So if not, I have to manually enter the contacts in to the car's address book which is a real pain.

Can the iPhone not send a contact via bluetooth? Page 39 of the iphone manual says "In some cases, your contacts list transfers to the car kit and you can start a call by looking up a contact on the car kit's display". But provides no other information on how this happens or how to manually do this.

island

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2007
Nashville
Works fine on my M3; time to switch cars!

Actually your best bet is to ask on the Nissan forums to see if they have any problems with that since I believe they both use the same systems. Infinity is a pretty fancy Nissan, congrats on the purchase!

Sprockets

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2007
UT, USA
It worked perfectly on my 2006 Audi A4. I just had to pair it, wait about 10 seconds, and my contacts were viewable on the car display! What was really cool is that, with the iPhone, the car display showed more detail (mobile, home, etc.) than my RAZR did. A very welcome feature!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.