Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oGu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Hello,

I am using a custom security certificate to acces a private website. On previous Macos versions I would be asked for permission about using this once. I would type in my user name and password and hit "always allow". Now on Macos 12 I don't have option for "always allow". What can I do? Even the help option says that the option should be there but it's not.

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 2.30.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 2.34.11 PM.png

jcscol

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Does the certificate show up in your Keychain? If so, can you select the certificate, then 'Get Info' and edit the settings under the 'Trust' section, changing it to always allow?

oGu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Already done so. Still no go.

Any more ideas?
Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 12.23.15 PM.png

casperghst42

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
If this is how it is, then it suck. Lots of tools and programs use the "always" allow. Like when scripting using "security find-internet-password..".

Apple have started to do security by obscurity - not making things more secure, but more difficult to use.

Reactions: SalisburySam

jcscol

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
So the certificate is in the System Keychain? What if you moved it to your Login keychain instead? Perhaps the System keychain has been locked down further in Monterey.

jcscol

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Also does typing the following in the Terminal show any errors (it tests the unlocking of the System keychain):

Code:
systemkeychain -vt

oGu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Did a clean reinstall of macOS 12 and added the certificate to login and now the option for "always allow" has come back.

God know what happened.

adrianbeat

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2021
Barcelona
Cool, I just fixed mine also. No need to reinstall macOS, Just re import the certificates to the login folder and after that I finally got the "Always Allow" button. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.