Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnyaB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2019
I have a two year old 64 gig iPhone 8 which was working fine until iOS 13 (shocking, I know). Now I'm getting the system memory reset at night every couple of nights when charging my phone (resets happen a little after 2AM). The diagnostic log says cpu usage drops below the limit (but just barely, it drops to between 50% and 54%, limit is 55%). Largest process running is always mobileassetd. This happens when I have apps open while charging at night and sometimes when I don't have any open. Phone says system storage and other is about 8GB total, which I don't think is that bad. I have 49 gig free on the phone. I don't have many apps (10) and I don't use the phone a whole lot during the day. I don't use background app refresh or the cloud. I also think this is starting to affect my battery a little, I'm noticing a very slight drain more than usual (1.5 hours per percent on standby, when I used to get around 2 hours per percent on standby). I took it to Best Buy, the salesman (who said he used to work for Apple) said to do a factory reset, but I think that's not necessary. The phone works just fine besides all this. Battery is at 100%.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any fixes? Or is this something that just happens and I shouldn't worry about it? My research on the internet did not help LOL. Just a bunch of jailbreak fixes.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Risonanza78

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi
i have the same issue with my pro max.
i had this problem memory reset from my 6s and also today se have it.
same your time in the night at 2 am while it charge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.