Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martosprint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Florida
Can you explain to me what each reset buttons do?

"Reset all Settings"

"Erase all content & settings"

"Reset Network settings"

"Reset Keyboard dictionary"

"Reset home screen layout"

"Reset location warnings"

Now I think I know that the erase all content and settings erases everything in the iPad and it's self explanatory, But the rest of those resets I want to know what they actually do, and what if anything is lost after those resets. And when would those resets be necessary and for what reasons.
Thanks for a reply

donlab

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2004
USA
reset to default

All options except, "Erase all content & settings" just set your ipad back to default settings as if it was the first time you used it. However, your content that you synced / downloaded such as books,movies,music, apps still remain.

If you choose: "Erase all content & settings" this will take your ipad back to when you just took it out of the box and activated it in itunes.

Erase all settings - erases any settings or preferences you made to the ipad - like change your mail signature or turn off wifi or keyboard layout

Network settings - wifi networks you previously connected to and stored passwords, vpn settings

keyboard - words the dictionary has learned from your typing

location - an app asks to use your gps coodinates and if you say no, then it saves your response.

home screen - the order in which the icons are displayed by default

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.