Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bravo2zero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2013
Sheffield
I’m running Mojave and the mac has a 240gb SSD HDD. When I was on 10.13 I had say 120gb free at any given time. I now and disk low as the OS is using 129gb alone !

I’ve managed to clear some by deleting my iTunes junk. I’ve nailed the offending folder with the 129gb in to my own users name however after getting “get info” on all folders found within I can only find maybe most 20gb of stuff.

Is there a way I can find out where this 100gb or so crap is located ?

Winterfibre

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2016
Use omniDiskSweeper

use this code to find hidden files.

sudo /Applications/OmniDiskSweeper.app/Contents/MacOS/OmniDiskSweeper

Reactions: Bravo2zero

Bravo2zero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2013
Sheffield
Sorry cant help any further other than to say do a clean install.
Sorted it mate. I downloaded daisy disk which pointed towards and uninstalled game with a cache of over 70gb that was hidden. I’ve now removed it and back to modest 35’ish gig system.
[doublepost=1530817119][/doublepost]I did go down the time machine route that all guides recmended but I have a dedicated mk3 time capsule and doing the remove data trick did nothing.

Winterfibre

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2016
Worth purchaseing daisydisk. You then just delete the cache thats taking up the disk space

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
I just want to point out that there is a gap of almost five years in this conversation. It's been a minute. Gotta love the persistence.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.