Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I have the version of Adguard Pro with system wide ad blocking. I haven't updated the app because I heard the update was removing the system wide functionality. Does Apple no longer allow any system wide ad blocking in any way? Am I still getting system wide ad blocking with Adguard Pro by not upgrading it?

Thanks,

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
If I choose to upgrade to the 8+ or X I will not be able to get system wide ad blocking, unless something changes? Is there some way to get the version I'm currently using onto another of my devices?

Thanks.

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
If I choose to upgrade to the 8+ or X I will not be able to get system wide ad blocking, unless something changes? Is there some way to get the version I'm currently using onto another of my devices?

Thanks.
You can downgrade the app if you updated on the new phone or install v1.21 version. Adguard blog have instruction on their website. That method still works I have tested it but apple might put an end to it too.

Reactions: kat.hayes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.