Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

londondude

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I am so excited about homekits, I was going to go for a control4 system to control some home automation in the future and have got myself a few bits to start with till I get the proper install. However I probably won't bother now because I don't think its kinda needed.
At present I have sky bell installed, sonos installed in nearly every room and honeywell evohome (here and installation booked). I am looking at my next project to be rako light installation throughout the house.
This system that Apple has announced can really move this market in a way that almost the iPad did for the tablet market.
Skybell and Honeywell were on the list of companies on board but Hopefully sonos and Rako will also be added. Im sure lutron (light control) and others will follow.
Which companies are you excited and hope will join?

Last edited:

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Lutron for lighting and shades -Both Whole Home and Box dimmers
Carrier, Trane and Lennox for Heat and Air
Leviton for Lighting and HAI Alarm
ELK for Alarm
ADT Pulse for Alarm
GE Billon for Appliances
Pentair for Pool
RainMachine for Irrigation control

Apple Fan 21

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2012
+1 for Pentair for the Pool. I have their Screen Logic 2 App installed on both iPhone and iPad and it sucks. Pentair has not embrassed the tech world:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.