Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but figured I'd put this out there so people can be prepared just in case. I've been using the 5 GB for 150 days T Mo Prepaid account for several years now. My plan ran out last week & I haven't been able to renew. Trying to access my T Mo account through the Cellular Data tab in Settings give a connection error. If I log in through the website, there are still data passes available, just not anything longer than 30 days.

Hopefully it's just some kind of glitch on my end, but I know at least one other user was getting the same connection error. Wanted to put this out there, to give others who use the service a heads up that it MIGHT no longer be able to be renewed.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
My 5/150 plan is still active and I am able to access my account under the Cellular Data tab - Mini 6. I'll have to wait and see on the renewal (131 days left).

Reactions: mk313

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
That's good to hear. Glad you're able to still access it through the Cellular Data Tab. Gives me some hope that it's just something going on with my account.

Reactions: sparksd

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
That's good to hear. Glad you're able to still access it through the Cellular Data Tab. Gives me some hope that it's just something going on with my account.

Keep us posted. That plan has been a great deal when you don't need a lot of data and T-Mobile's 5G service is really good here in Seattle - I usually see around 750MB/s.

Reactions: mk313

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
I was able to renew the $10 5 GB for 5 months T-Mobile 5G pre-paid cellular iPad plan yesterday. It is still available. I did have a slight problem though. It wouldn’t let me renew until I canceled the previous plan which still had 90 days left but no data. It kept giving me an error that said no data could be added while the old plan was still active.

It was easy enough to fix though by just canceling it from the cellular management panel in settings on the iPad. After that I had no trouble. It was a slight annoyance that I had to reenter my personal info and credit card.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I was able to renew the $10 5 GB for 5 months T-Mobile 5G pre-paid cellular iPad plan yesterday. It is still available. I did have a slight problem though. It wouldn’t let me renew until I canceled the previous plan which still had 90 days left but no data. It kept giving me an error that said no data could be added while the old plan was still active.

It was easy enough to fix though by just canceling it from the cellular management panel in settings on the iPad. After that I had no trouble. It was a slight annoyance that I had to reenter my personal info and credit card.

Good info to tuck away for my next renewal. Thanks for the update.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012

Thanks for replying back. Glad to hear that this is still being offered. Seems like it’s just an issue with my iPad. That definitely gives me some direction. Thanks!

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Just to close out this thread in case someone searches for it in the future. The issue turned out to be some kind of technical glitch with T Mo. I called them & after doing some troubleshooting, the CSR sent a note to IT. About it week later & it is now working again.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Just to close out this thread in case someone searches for it in the future. The issue turned out to be some kind of technical glitch with T Mo. I called them & after doing some troubleshooting, the CSR sent a note to IT. About it week later & it is now working again.

Good to hear and thanks for the follow-up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.