Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
I just got an Apple Card and wanted to use it for my T-Mobile autopay bill through ApplePay. The option is there. I choose it, choose the card, double tap power button, then it processes and says “payment was not successful” and then I get a screen on the T-Mobile app stating there was a technical issue and to try again later. I then get a notification from Wallet stating I have a new pending charge from Apple of $0.01. Every single time I try to set it up. T-Mobile business iMessage support had no idea what was wrong, gave me a credit for the issue and said to try again.

Reactions: AppleFanatic10

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
It may not necessarily be a problem with the Apple Card. I’ve had similar issues in the past changing a TMobile auto pay card. It worked after the third or so try, but it was baffling in the meantime.

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
It may not necessarily be a problem with the Apple Card. I’ve had similar issues in the past changing a TMobile auto pay card. It worked after the third or so try, but it was baffling in the meantime.
Thanks for replying. I have tried about 7 times or so over the past couple of days.

Interestingly enough the T-Mobile app only fails to change the autopay method using ApplePay with the Apple Card. My debit card works fine with it (just tried that to determine if everything was failing or just Apple Card. So I reached out to Apple Card support and they said they see I have plenty of credit, that ApplePay is active, and they do see the pending transactions of $0.01 from T-Mobile, but are still looking into figuring out what is going on. *sigh*

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
So Apple Card customer service finally responded and said "when I see this particular error- removing the card and adding it again will help to correct the issues. I will send instructions on how to do this."

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
So Apple Card customer service finally responded and said "when I see this particular error- removing the card and adding it again will help to correct the issues. I will send instructions on how to do this."
aha, interesting. Would you mind posting the instructions here once you’ve tried them?

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
aha, interesting. Would you mind posting the instructions here once you’ve tried them?
To remove: Once you open your Apple Card, tap the “…” at the top left, scroll to the bottom and tap “Remove This Card” and follow instructions. To add: On your iPhone, open the Wallet app. Tap the add button (+) Tap Add Card, then Follow the steps to select Apple Card. If you're asked to add the card that you use with your Apple ID, cards on other devices, or cards that you've recently removed, choose Apple Card. Let me know if this helps.

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
To remove: Once you open your Apple Card, tap the “…” at the top left, scroll to the bottom and tap “Remove This Card” and follow instructions. To add: On your iPhone, open the Wallet app. Tap the add button (+) Tap Add Card, then Follow the steps to select Apple Card. If you're asked to add the card that you use with your Apple ID, cards on other devices, or cards that you've recently removed, choose Apple Card. Let me know if this helps.
Also.. it did not work. I’m currently in an iMessage of Apple and Goldman Sachs bouncing me between the two and now Apple is blaming T-Mobile ?

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
I used to pay my T-mobile bill via Apple Pay (Apple Card) before and I might have set it up on my Mac Safari browser and authenticated with an iPhone. Now I have other card selected for payment, I just tried switching to Apple Card and it failed as well.

On the Apple Card website:
T-Mobile: 3% Daily Cash is available for purchases using Apple Card with Apple Pay in T‑Mobile U.S. stores, and bill payments and AutoPay on t‑mobile.com and in the T‑mobile app. Authorized T‑Mobile dealers are not eligible for 3% Daily Cash and can be found on t‑mobile.com/store-locator. Sprint account payments, and purchases made through any Sprint checkout, including those at T‑Mobile U.S. stores, are not eligible for 3% Daily Cash.

Off topic, I found some places do not accept Apple Card even it is backed by the Mastercard logo.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I misunderstood the instructions you described. I thought it was going to be how to add it to TMobile. Sorry to hear it didn’t work.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I think it is a problem with T-Mobile. Most of the time, Apple Pay auto payment doesn't seem to want to go through. I have to enter the same card manually and it goes through no problem. With the July payment, I switched the default card (no Apple Pay) to see if it goes through.

Reactions: 0128672

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
I misunderstood the instructions you described. I thought it was going to be how to add it to TMobile. Sorry to hear it didn’t work.
Oh sorry! I probably worded it in a confusing way.

I did tweet this to T-Force on Twitter (@T-MobileHelp) as I hear they are phenomenal. There is also a recent post on T-Mobile’s community forums with people with the same exact issue. Hopefully they come up with a fix.

Reactions: 0128672

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
seeing the same failure. And I’m out $0.03 because I tried it 3x
Mine all fell off. They pended for a couple of days and disappeared.
Still waiting on T-Mobile to address. Apple was no help.

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
I think it is a problem with T-Mobile. Most of the time, Apple Pay auto payment doesn't seem to want to go through. I have to enter the same card manually and it goes through no problem. With the July payment, I switched the default card (no Apple Pay) to see if it goes through.
It could very well be. I can’t even get the Apple Card to let me set it that way in the first place.
Apple Card support also tells me I don’t have to use ApplePay with then to qualify for 3%. The one rep said to just use my card #. -_- I know this can’t be correct either.

Love4Apple

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2021
San Francisco
It could very well be. I can’t even get the Apple Card to let me set it that way in the first place.
Apple Card support also tells me I don’t have to use ApplePay with then to qualify for 3%. The one rep said to just use my card #. -_- I know this can’t be correct either.
Had this issue too trying to add Apple Card via Apple Pay on the T-Mobile app; just got off the T-Mobile app customer chat service and they also said manually entering the card info (they sent a secure link to a simple form) will be eligible for the 3%, which I know is true for things like iPhone Upgrade Program, so that must be on the Apple end to determine what's eligible? We'll see -- my next bill isn't until mid-month. 3% is 3%!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.