Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emaileverything

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2013
same problem here

After a 3 week wait and still no help/reply from the T-Mobile 'engineers', I just solved the problem myself. Decided to delete my account and setup a new one. It works now.

Btw, this might be a good trick if you run out of the 200mb before your the 30 renewal. You basically can have unlimited data that way.

Enjoy!

blupblup,
I got the exact same problem, am also waiting for the "engineer" to get back to me... can you please elaborate "delete my account and setup a new one"?

thanks a lot.

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
Have we confirmed whether or not T-Mobile locks the SIM to the device this plan is activated on? I was planning on moving this SIM between devices.

jsd79

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2013
Have we confirmed whether or not T-Mobile locks the SIM to the device this plan is activated on? I was planning on moving this SIM between devices.

I've had a lot of trouble moving a TMO sim from my rMini to my wife's first gen mini; it will connect to TMO but I can't get past the TMO mobile broadband setup webpage unless the sim is back in the device where it was activated. Has anyone had success moving SIM cards between devices?

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
blupblup,
I got the exact same problem, am also waiting for the "engineer" to get back to me... can you please elaborate "delete my account and setup a new one"?

thanks a lot.
I believe the poster was stating to delete your account through your login and once it is deleted to setup a new one.

You can delete your account by turning off Wi-Fi, go to Settings, Cellular Data, View Account. Enter your email and password for your account, login. Once your account information is displayed, click on Cancel Plan.

emaileverything

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2013
Thanks

I believe the poster was stating to delete your account through your login and once it is deleted to setup a new one.

You can delete your account by turning off Wi-Fi, go to Settings, Cellular Data, View Account. Enter your email and password for your account, login. Once your account information is displayed, click on Cancel Plan.

That worked... I was afraid of canceling the plan, but it did let me set up a new one right away... It's all working now, thanks a lot...

blupblup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Awesome that this worked for you too...

Btw, I contacted t mobile to let them know that I solved the problem myself. All they said was: "Great!"

I don't think that they ever were trying to solve the issue... Bleh..

That worked... I was afraid of canceling the plan, but it did let me set up a new one right away... It's all working now, thanks a lot...

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
For those wondering, you can not cancel your account after you use the 200MB free data and then create a new account to get more. You will not get the 200MB free data but can only choose on demand which gives you nothing or a paid data plan.

I just tried it.

blupblup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
But what if you use a new email address for that new account...

For those wondering, you can not cancel your account after you use the 200MB free data and then create a new account to get more. You will not get the 200MB free data but can only choose on demand which gives you nothing or a paid data plan.

I just tried it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.