Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
..I pay for (any of?) the plans I'm offered after exceeding my allotment?

Or would it be only the ones that's offer more than the daily or weekly limit?

I'm so not trying to troll here, just wondering cause in all seriousness the lady at the T-Mobile store was weird as f&uck.

:)

Drewbster

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2011
..I pay for (any of?) the plans I'm offered after exceeding my allotment?

Or would it be only the ones that's offer more than the daily or weekly limit?

I'm so not trying to troll here, just wondering cause in all seriousness the lady at the T-Mobile store was weird as f&uck.

:)

LULZ

I have the T Mobile iPad plan with 200 GB for life and 1 GB/month. The speed slows to 2G after the 1.2 GB allotment is met. After 1/2/15 the plan for the 1 GB iPad rate goes up to 10$/month.

You can get the plan free from now until 1/1/15 as long as you have a mobile phone with a simple choice plan.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I think what she was referring to is the notion that all postpaid data plans on T-Mobile for tablets technically offer "unlimited" data, and the data amounts on each plan refer to how much data you get at 4G speeds.

So, if you have the 1GB plan, you get data at the maximum speed the network is capable of up to 1GB. After that, you can still use data, but you are throttled to 2G speeds.

All of the Simple Choice plans on smartphones are similar. The basic Simple Starter plan though, will cut you off completely when you reach your usage cap.

Also, if your'e throttled for using up your allotment, you can buy an on-demand pass to add additional high speed data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.