Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
You told me to use an expired code, and did not say a word about using the iphone sim, when clearly the link showed 2 different nano sim cards.

Reread what I posted. I do admit to a typo where I wrote "line" instead of "like" ahead of the coupon code that I didn't know whether it was valid or not; it was an example.

I also specifically told you which SIM and included a screen capture. The one with the big magenta FREE.

So yes, I was snarky, but I also provided the answer in the first line of my post.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Reread what I posted. I do admit to a typo where I wrote "line" instead of "like" ahead of the coupon code that I didn't know whether it was valid or not; it was an example.

I also specifically told you which SIM and included a screen capture. The one with the big magenta FREE.

So yes, I was snarky, but I also provided the answer in the first line of my post.

The screen capture specifically says "Compatible with the iPhone 5" It didn't say anything about the ipad. Why would they list 2 then? One nanosim for iphone 5, and one nanosim for internet only devices? Isn't the ipad an internet only device?

Thanks for giving me an answer. Sorry about the insult.

Last edited:

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
The screen capture specifically says "Compatible with the iPhone 5" It didn't say anything about the ipad. Why would they list 2 then? One nanosim for iphone 5, and one nanosim for internet only devices? Isn't the ipad an internet only device?

They generally mean dedicated hotspots on the internet-only devices.

The "compatible with iphone5" is to differentiate against microSIMs for iphone 4S. It's also compatible with ipads using nano SIMs and iphone 5s phones.

In other words, it's an inclusionary claim not an exlusionary.

It was not clear that you saw and were dismissing one set of SIMs; I assumed you'd looked at the thread I linked which did mention the starter kits as working.

Thanks for giving me an answer. Sorry about the insult.

No worries. Enjoy your SIMs. You can order two at a time. Don't be surprised if they ask for a credit card; doesn't seem TMobile has coded their site to skip that when the total is $0.00.

Ctguy

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
If I have an Verizon mini, they won't deny it like I've been hearing of other carriers? Just add to the system and it's good?

I went to Tmobile store and asked them how to get 200mb for free with my Verizon iPad mini , the guy at the store told me I need to pay $10 a month. So I fed up dealing with these people went home and bought nano sim from eBay for about $8, put it in verizon mini and activated. but only get 3G

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I went to Tmobile store and asked them how to get 200mb for free with my Verizon iPad mini , the guy at the store told me I need to pay $10 a month. So I fed up dealing with these people went home and bought nano sim from eBay for about $8, put it in verizon mini and activated. but only get 3G
That's a retina Mini, right? The older Mini doesn't support Tmobile's LTE bands. If you have the rMini and are still getting 3G, chances are you just don't have Tmobile LTE coverage in your area.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
Fine print says:

Except for with unlocked iPhone 5, T-Mobile cannot currently support Apple products that originated from Verizon® or Sprint®.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Except for with unlocked iPhone 5, T-Mobile cannot currently support Apple products that originated from Verizon® or Sprint®.

Yeah well my Verizon ipad3 still works just fine with a T-Mobile SIM inside it.

What do you suppose that fine print is a leftover and hasn't been updated? TMO has clearly shown they're pretty sloppy in terms of getting their end user communications correct... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.