Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rembixe

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Planning an RV trip this summer in the US that will take me through Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama.

I will buy a local SIM primarily to use for data pricing for both T-mobile and Verizon are quite similar but who has the best coverage in these states? Their coverage maps are showing very little difference.

Plan to insert the SIM in a 12 PRO.

Reactions: Clamjuice65

ab2c4

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2013
Interesting topic. I’m in North Carolina and have Verizon. To put it plainly Verizon sucks here even in the city and thus my wife and I are considering changing to T Mobile. Verizon sucks for everyone in our area, I hear lots of complaints from other people locally.

MmkLucario

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
I’m not in the southern states (Alaska) but up here, Verizon isn’t that good compared to AT&T or GCI. GCI has the best coverage in Alaska, but is a bit pricey. I don’t know about T-Mobile, but if I have to guess, the coverage is worse then Verizon.

mittencuh

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2012
Colorado Springs
My work phone is VZW, my personal is T-Mobile. T-Mobile has come a long way, but in rural areas, Verizon is by far the most reliable for me in terms of having actual service. Their 5G speeds are nothing special 99% of the time though. I’m not sure why they have even bothered apart from being able to say they have 5G.

blueeyes2die4

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2018
Yonkers,NY to San Antonio,TX
I personally have 5G everywhere I go, I can count the time’s on my hand that I’ve seen LTE in the last two years.
I’m glad you are happy with t-mobile. But like I said before I run both Verizon and t-mobile on my phone, and there has been times when only my Verizon line has signal.
IMG_0294.jpeg

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I'm primarily in the northeast in NJ and I've had all the major carriers. AT&T, Sprint, T-Moible, and Verizon. Sprint is gone (thankfully!) but the "Big 3" are still the best choices. Those MVNOs are flaky at best. Perhaps in larger cities or metro areas there is less of a difference from one carrier to another. In rural areas, of the three majors I have found Verizon to be the best, by a wide margin.

Reactions: blueeyes2die4

Clamjuice65

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2023
Planning an RV trip this summer in the US that will take me through Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama.

I will buy a local SIM primarily to use for data pricing for both T-mobile and Verizon are quite similar but who has the best coverage in these states? Their coverage maps are showing very little difference.

Plan to insert the SIM in a 12 PRO.
Neither use AT&T they are great in the southern states

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.