Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I want to give their network a try using the new app eSim. Are there any downsides? Does it mess up iMessage or anything like that?

Last edited:

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
What’s the new app esim? In the App Store? I recently ordered the test drive kit.
T-Mobile has a new test drive app which can be used in newer iPhones to generate an e sim. This allows the iPhone to get T-Mobile service in addition to your normal carrier service simultaneously. It’s a great experience.
Unfortunately the service was not good for me in key locations so I cannot make the switch.

Reactions: 4sallypat

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
T-Mobile has a new test drive app which can be used in newer iPhones to generate an e sim. This allows the iPhone to get T-Mobile service in addition to your normal carrier service simultaneously. It’s a great experience.
Unfortunately the service was not good for me in key locations so I cannot make the switch.
Do you have a link?

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Does this test drive include testing their 5G service as well? And is this esim method only available if you are not currently using the esim in newer devices? Thanks
Yes, it includes 5G. Yes, it only works if you're not currently using the eSIM.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Would the T Mobile eSIM work outside the USA ?

Love that TMO offers free international roaming thru their "affiliate" network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.