Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Koshkaboo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2018
DH and I currently own paid for iPhone 12 Pro Max phones. We are on Magenta Max plan on T-Mobile. We want to each trade in our phones to get 14 Pro Max phones. I have not done this before and am unsure about mechanics and whether it is better to do it online through Apple or try to do it online at T-Mobile (or I guess could do it by phone).

Most important question. I am the account holder at T Mobile. If we can order through Apple will DH have any problem doing his order under his Apple ID since he is not the T Mobile account holder? If I order from T Mobile I think I can order for both our phones under my T Mobile log in and it won't be an issue.

Also, at T-Mobile I have it set that no one can remove a phone from our plan without giving them a password. I assume that is not a problem at this ordering stage and we will do that when we activate phones or something?

If there is a way we can order this through Apple, is there any advantage to doing it through T-Mobile? If we do it through them can we just do it online?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.