Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmoraski

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2020
Just purchased a 2019 MacPro and I'm looking to see the best options.

Curious what other 7,1 folks have chosen to be able to clone and boot from external drives etc. From what I've read I was considering No security and allow. This machine is for personal not business. My understanding is the Apple drives have to remain with OS on them so I can't just wipe them clean for storage. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Full security
Medium security
No security

29285-47130-005-Security-Settings-xl.jpg

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Jun 5, 2013
Australia

Curious what other 7,1 folks have chosen to be able to clone and boot from external drives etc. From what I've read I was considering No security and allow. This machine is for personal not business. My understanding is the Apple drives have to remain with OS on them so I can't just wipe them clean for storage. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Full security
Medium security
No security

Just to confirm (because I've needed to check mine), are you booted into Recovery when you're seeing that?

profdraper

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2017
Brisbane, Australia

Full security
Medium security
No security

Yep, exactly as mine is for recording studio: No security & allow booting. Otherwise I'd never get anything done. Aslo disable sleep and any other winging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.