Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikep976

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Washington
Looking for some insight from any current Tab S8 owners.

I am totally in the Apple Ecosystem, but have been looking at the Tab S9+, as it would actually be a great work companion.

Being only used to iPad (this would replace my cellular 12.9 iPad Pro), I had a few questions, specifically for those with cellular:

1. When I have used Android as my platform, I specifically went with Unlocked to get better updates and participate in the OneUi Beta. With Cellular Tabs, this doesn’t look to be possible, and you must get a certain carrier - does this impact updates? With 4 years of platform + 5 of security, I don’t want slowed down or non-existent updates.
2. Can you participate in the OneUi betas? I’ve found conflicting info anywhere from no, to yes, but some carriers (specifically T-Mobile)
3. With the above, are they all unlocked? Can I buy a T-Mo Tab, use my Verizon or Google Fi sim, and it’ll work?

Overall, I just want to scope out the update styles and timelines, especially coming from an iOS/iPadOS life where I can run Dev Betas, and get updates right on time.

Thanks!

teohyc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2007
The main thing to note about standard updates from Samsung is they are not released to all tablet models at the same time. Some tablet models can get updates a month before other tablets. Not sure about Beta updates

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.