Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
On my mini 2 I haven't seen this happen in awhile, was the feature removed? You know, where multiple tabs from the same website would stack on top of each other so it's more consolidated if you have tons of tabs open? I remember I made it happen once but that was right when iOS 8 first came out. It never occurs now.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
On my mini 2 I haven't seen this happen in awhile, was the feature removed? You know, where multiple tabs from the same website would stack on top of each other so it's more consolidated if you have tons of tabs open? I remember I made it happen once but that was right when iOS 8 first came out. It never occurs now.

So on iPad and Mac they only stack if the tabs are next to each other. If they aren't they won't stack. But if thats not happening, Idk what's up.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
So on iPad and Mac they only stack if the tabs are next to each other. If they aren't they won't stack. But if thats not happening, Idk what's up.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I opened multiple tabs of this website right next to each other (tried a couple other websites as well) and they never stacked. Sometimes I keep several threads open in tabs from this forum over long periods of time. This is so I don't have to keep clicking the links in email notifications of threads I'm subscribed to. All of the tabs will sometimes literally take a full screen of room or a couple rows and it is almost stressful to see all that. Having a single stack of them would be great.

Oh and question, do some websites not stack for some reason? Or should all stack as long as there are multiple tabs of the same website adjacent to each other? And, if it was all the same site but just different pages on the site, should they stack? Does this site usually stack for you?

I plan on restoring my iPad and iPhone as new (at the same time) in the somewhat near future just to rid them all of junk apps and such that accumulate. Maybe a fresh install will fix this issue.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Yeah, I'm not sure. I opened multiple tabs of this website right next to each other (tried a couple other websites as well) and they never stacked. Sometimes I keep several threads open in tabs from this forum over long periods of time. This is so I don't have to keep clicking the links in email notifications of threads I'm subscribed to. All of the tabs will sometimes literally take a full screen of room or a couple rows and it is almost stressful to see all that. Having a single stack of them would be great.

Oh and question, do some websites not stack for some reason? Or should all stack as long as there are multiple tabs of the same website adjacent to each other? And, if it was all the same site but just different pages on the site, should they stack? Does this site usually stack for you?

I plan on restoring my iPad and iPhone as new (at the same time) in the somewhat near future just to rid them all of junk apps and such that accumulate. Maybe a fresh install will fix this issue.

They should stack.. I have had situations where they don't stack but I don't know why.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.