Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xmlguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2003
Phoenix AZ
I know its kind of pointless adding more speculation a couple of hours before the "big announcement", but one thing that occured to me...

By now we've all read the speculation about an iTablet... but I also remember reading about an Apple picture frame thing that would integrate with iPhoto and let you download pictures into it.

Thats not going to set the world on fire, but then I got to thinking... well, what if that and the tablet are the same device? Imagine having the screensaver just run through your iPhoto collection. Not really a stretch -- just have a stand like the iPod's sitting on your desk with a small tablet - say the size of a paperback novel sat in it.

But then I also read about some kind of possible video device - like a "video iPod", which I assume would primarily integrate with iMovie. Hmm... at that point you could imagine them giving the thing a 720x576 resolution which would match a PAL digital camcorder (PAL is 576 vertically vs. 480 for NTSC). That way you could watch your digital movies at their original res, while still keeping the device small.

Now imagine if Apple made a screensaver that played your movies, rather than just going through your pictures folder. Now you've got a tablet, which doubles as a picture frame when docked, that could show static pictures, or run through your home movies when you weren't using it. How cool would that be... :D

--Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.