Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shimiko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
Firstly, apologies for starting another tablet thread!

I'm not an excited fanboy, in fact i'm actually quite embarrassed to be sharing this, but here we go...

I had a dream the other night that I was watching a keynote for the Apple Tablet, this is what I saw:

1. Tablet is paired with iphone via bluetooth
2. User is using the tablet to surf the net/watch a video or whatever
3. There is an incoming call to the iphone (which is across the room or in a pocket)
4. Alert pops up on tablet saying:

"Incoming call from Phil Schiller" and 4 options appear on screen

A. REJECT CALL - rejects the call
B. ANSWER ON IPHONE - clears the warning on tablet, iphone continues to ring
C. ANSWER ON TABLET - answers the call on the tablet using built in mic & speaker
D. CONVERT TO VIDEO CALL - turns the voice call into a video call using the tablet's built in camera (no idea how this would work, but that's what I saw!)

No need to reply, I just needed this to be on the record, because if it turns out to be true and I hadn't posted, nobody would believe that I am in fact the new Nostradamus.

yayitsezekiel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Irvine, CA
sounds interesting! the ability to take a call while using the tablet would be a nice feature so you don't have to put down the tablet and reach into your pocket. who knows

Axegrinder

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2006
Preston
OK Nostradamus, so when's the world going to end? (I'm just wondering if I should blow all my savings on a new Mac Pro and enjoy it while I can! :D)

Seriously, that would be a neat feature.

robotartfashion

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
wow man, that takes fanboyism to a whole new level when you have simulated apple keynotes in your dreams.

consider me jealous :) Until you wake up and it hasn't happened yet, and that would make me sad :( haha

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
So well we're sharing Apple Tablet-related dreams, I have to admit that it came up in one my dreams as well. As it was dream, my memory of it is sketchy, but at the end of the presentation, Jobs made some reference to gestures being used to operate the tablet and how they think they're so important they want other computer companies to be able to use them (helping make a "standard" for gesture-based operation of things). In order to do that, they would make the technology/whatever available to all other companies to use on their devices - then made a reference to Nokia wanting to make money off making standard whereas they're in for innovation... so I don't know if that even make sense, but just sharing.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Did Ballmer come in with a scythe and black robe and cut Steve's liver out, causing you to wake up screaming and soaked in sweat? Me neither.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
All this tablet talk has me going nuts. I was just doing an essay and the amount of times I spelled "slate" instead of "state" was uncalled for.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
funny i remember when the original imac was introduced I dreamt I had one and it did everything you could think of... just say what you wanted and it did it... im still waiting on apple to work that one out...

but good ideas, I imagine some of apples current/past stuff has come from steves dreams..

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
That's actually not a bad idea... the tablet itself won't be a phone, but when paired with the iPhone can act as one.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
funny i remember when the original imac was introduced I dreamt I had one and it did everything you could think of... just say what you wanted and it did it... im still waiting on apple to work that one out...

but good ideas, I imagine some of apples current/past stuff has come from steves dreams..

Ok Dharma initiative guy, now you're living in the future! (Or is it the past . . . )

newportpaco

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2009
I really like the idea, imagine the games that could be made and have the iPhone be a game pad. That way you don't obstruct the screen while you play. Having the iphone interact with the tablet would be amazing.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
That would require a VoIP or perhaps just Bluetooth.

I will use the tablet as a Skype phone with a Bluetooth headset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.