Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shahyan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Before I begin, let me take a bow and say that I am indeed pretty darn stupid. lol.

So anyways, my Macbook display always seemed a little tilted. What I mean is that the black line that runs along the edge of the screen was wider on top right and less on the lower right.

So I pulled open one of these online-how-to manuals, and tried to fix it. And I was able to fix the tilt. However, in the process, I broke a few of the gray colored tabs that hold the bezel to the display.

These are the tabs into which the bezels' teeth plug into. So I am in the market for these gray little tabs, except I don't know what they are exactly called!

My laptop is still somewhat new, and I am afraid that if I take it to an apple store, they will void the remainder of my warranty.

So my question is, does anyone know if Apple store will put the bezel on without voiding my warranty? I am willing to pay -- if you know how much they charge to replace the bezel, that would be wonderful!

Thank you, and god bless you all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.