Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 19, 2003
AR
How do I change the format of my ripped TV shows from "Movie" to "TV Show" within iTunes? I would also like to edit the tag information so that I get the same options as purchased iTunes TV content.

Unfortunately, there is no folder hierarchy on the movie option with Apple TV.

jhershauer

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2003
Gilbert, AZ
Right-click (Option-click) on the "Movie" in iTunes and select Get Info. On the Video tab, you can set the type to TV Show, and also fill in the season and episode info. For the ID, just give it some unique value. For example, for Family Guy Season 1, Episode 1, I set the ID to FGS1E1. If you fill in the Comments on the Info tab, it won't show up in iTunes TV Shows under Description, but it will show up on the AppleTV when you're browsing the episodes.

Jeff

Note: Lostify looks like a nice improvement over updating each episode in iTunes. Thanks Aliens!

How do I change the format of my ripped TV shows from "Movie" to "TV Show" within iTunes? I would also like to edit the tag information so that I get the same options as purchased iTunes TV content.

Unfortunately, there is no folder hierarchy on the movie option with Apple TV.

ahintz

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2007
If you have a Mac, Doug's Scripts for iTunes is a fantastic resource. I've been using the "Set Video Kind of Selected" script to batch update my imported TV Shows as "TV Shows" and the "Show Description" script to add a description. Made it much easier to get my content to the Apple TV. Highly recommended for Mac/iTunes users to help manage their collection!

--Andrew

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.