Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

llbaronll

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
i would trust trijethero with anything jailbreak related.
with all respect. i do not any of you to talk about trust. and i didnt call him a liar. i was just asking if it's confirmed or not that is all.

thanks OP for the info. may i ask another question ? why people are looking to downgrade itunes to install the jk ?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
World
Because the Jailbreak makes use of the x86 dll's provided in older iTunes versions.
The newer x64 iTunes versions don't have those dll's

Reactions: yui4

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
World
Reactions: yui4 and bushido

c55

macrumors regular
May 3, 2015
Has there been any conversation on the twittersphere about an osx app for jb?
They always make the OS X version second. A week from now we'll see one. Besides, they still have quite a few bugs to iron out. I wouldn't jb yet on a daily device

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
Nope

Also the fix is delayed:

Aaron‏@iOShXr
Stop! With the whining they are not just fixing the kernel they are fixing the Apple Watch bug and the 20% issues!

https://twitter.com/iOShXr/status/613747630263390208

But good news as well:
Aaron‏@iOShXr
FYI: TaiG v2.0.0 can Jailbreak iOS 8.4 beta 4
please stop posting false information. im on 8.4 beta before and i tried first thing taig released 2.0

im on 8.3 now and jailbreak without any glitch on my surface pro 3 running windows 10 build 10130

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
please stop posting false information. im on 8.4 beta before and i tried first thing taig released 2.0

im on 8.3 now and jailbreak without any glitch on my surface pro 3 running windows 10 build 10130

I think I read somewhere that you can jailbreak 8.4 with a MODIFIED Taig 2.0.0. I think you have to change a file inside of the installer package, that checks for particular IOS version. I remember doing that with iOS (something) awhile back. It would then Jailbreak the newer version of it. (it slips my mind which versions were involved.) I don't think the poster was posting "false" information, just not "detailed" information.

BTW: Cydia was updated to 1.1.7

Last edited:

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
World

Well you might not have the right tool for that.
Even i0n1c hinted at that...

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
Cydia has been updated fixing the error of packages not downloading and not able to log in to own account

I updated Cydia but now the list of installed/purchase packages just sits at a blank screen (I don't get the message that it can't identify my device anymore, but instead a blank screen).

blownco

macrumors regular
May 24, 2008
CA
I updated Cydia but now the list of installed/purchase packages just sits at a blank screen (I don't get the message that it can't identify my device anymore, but instead a blank screen).

Same here just updated but i can't see any purchases i have.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
World
we dont have the right to modified whats inside their program. that is why only up to 8.3
respect what they offer and we need to wait..

Exactly, that doesn't make it false information....
We just don't know yet if the exploits are closed on 8.4 or not.

If some-one claims it works and a leading security researcher hints at it, then it might be true, we'll have to wait and see

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
World
Same here just updated but i can't see any purchases i have.

Quote from Saurik:
"So, while I can handle an arbitrary amount of traffic to apt.saurik.com (for package downloads), tens of thousands of people all trying to use Manage Account at the exact same time is not something that Cydia was designed to handle very well ;P. This is going to "fun"..."

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I successfully Jailbroke my 5S, 6+ and Retina Mini this morning.

For some reason, I had to let the Taig app run the full course till it failed for each device and then try again. The second time worked on each device. I updated substrate using the file that was released.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
if we dont get the update at least this 12pm ET dont expect the rest of the day.. people, let them sleep lol. its about almost 11pm now in china

we are getting there. i really appreciate them what they are doing. lets be patient

ArsovV

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
I successfully jailbroke my iPhone 6 today but when I installed the tweaks and apps, they simply did not appear so I did the fix with the Preference Loader or whatever it was called. It didn't work so apparently something is wrong with my jailbreak. I am doing a clean restore and will probably jailbreak again in a week or two when they iron the bugs out.
I am definitely not going to recommend you jailbreak your everyday device at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.