Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdcrds

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
It works for me. Going through the process right now of getting Navi back on it.

----------

Yes

Okay i did the jailbreak works fine downloaded xmbc but now in cydia i am looking at thebigboss.org thing trying to find one channel ice flims etc no idea how to find this on ios any help with xmbc appreciated

rdcrds

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
It works for me. Going through the process right now of getting Navi back on it.

----------

Yes

Can you help me? how do i get Navi on there? i just jailbroke it and downloaded xmbc in cydia but i want to watch one channel and ice filims etc so i guess i need navi next? any help with how thanks.

rdcrds

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
I'll walk you through it once I'm in for the night.

Cool thanks :) i have to run my Gan kids to church but will be back. I did jailbreak and i downloaded XMBC in Cydia but then trying to get Navi-X no luck lol i even paid 3.50 for safari download did not help :)

Android was so easy download xbmc and it works like on a computer

I see the other channels but not the movie ones one channel and Ice films etc. I do run XBMC on my Laptop and Android but ios is killing me thanks :)

I think me getting IFile has to do with it also hard to find that too

Last edited:

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
Okay download the Navi_X.zip file.

Then use a program such as iExplorer and on the left side of the program select "Root".

From there, you should now be in the root of your iPhone. Select User>Downloads. Place the Navi_X.zip file (you downloaded on your computer) in the downloads folder of the root of your phone.

Now, upon completing that go to your phone and boot up XBMC.

First, go to settings and make sure the Confluence theme is picked. Back out of there and while still in the settings menu, select Add-ons.

Select Install from zip file. Click Home Folder and navigate to the Downloads folder. Select the Navi_X.zip file. It should now be on XBMC.

Back out of there all the way to the main horizontal menu and select Programs.

There you should see Navi-X installed and be able to select it and fire it up.

Hope that helps.

rdcrds

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Okay download the Navi_X.zip file.

Then use a program such as iExplorer and on the left side of the program select "Root".

From there, you should now be in the root of your iPhone. Select User>Downloads. Place the Navi_X.zip file (you downloaded on your computer) in the downloads folder of the root of your phone.

Now, upon completing that go to your phone and boot up XBMC.

First, go to settings and make sure the Confluence theme is picked. Back out of there and while still in the settings menu, select Add-ons.

Select Install from zip file. Click Home Folder and navigate to the Downloads folder. Select the Navi_X.zip file. It should now be on XBMC.

Back out of there all the way to the main horizontal menu and select Programs.

There you should see Navi-X installed and be able to select it and fire it up.

Hope that helps.

Thanks and Navi_X.zip file i can find files but it wants to know what to open it with not download :(

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
File not found :) Do i search for this file with safari? cause when i find a file and hit download on my iphone it asks what to open it with not to download it. So its the part of trying to download it that i am having issues with right now thanks :")

Ah yes I know your issue now. You need a download manager from the app store. Any one should work. Safari doesn't let you download zip files IIRC.

rdcrds

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Ah yes I know your issue now. You need a download manager from the app store. Any one should work. Safari doesn't let you download zip files IIRC.

Yeah think i got that now so now ill look for a iExplorer now the one on the app store they want 4$ lol thanks

rdcrds

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014

One question when you read this i really did not get much into it other then get to know more about it. The question is you said the Navi.x i downloaded on my computer. But from what i read it kinda says to get the ifile then use a downloader and download navi-x and open it with ifile and check the directory its in then find that on the xbmc. Well i tested a little and when i get to addons and then select file from zip there is nothing but then again that might be cause i have not put a zip file there. Anyway just checking on the navi-x to download it from my desktop or from the down loader on the phone.

Thanks i found a easy way and got my channels without all that extra stuff no navi x etc :) thanks for the help!

Last edited:

rdcrds

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Well i have XBMC working on my iphone 6 plus i have the channels i want but for sports devil. I go to download it with the right repository but it says incompatible so i am kinda stuck oh well.

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
Not without using a virtual machine. I used VMware Fusion running Windows 7 and it worked great.

Great. But at the moment I'm in India and have nowhere near the bandwidth needed to set up a virtual machine. I just think it's crap there's no JB available for an Apple product thru an Apple computer.

mattkilla

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2014
North Carolina
I'm on 8.1.1 and springtomize works great for me thus far. The only options that are unavailable at the time are hiding & adding things to the status bar. Now the only thing not working me is flip control center . every time I try launch setting or calculator or any of the bottom row switches it automatically reSprings. I will venture to 8.1.2 very soon and hopefully it fixes it

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Great. But at the moment I'm in India and have nowhere near the bandwidth needed to set up a virtual machine. I just think it's crap there's no JB available for an Apple product thru an Apple computer.

I know; you should make the next jb then and make it mac only :rolleyes::p

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I'm holding off 8.1.1->8.1.2 on rMini and 6+

hearing a lot of things about battery life being significantly worse on 6+ than 8.1.1

Would hate to try it, have it be true, and see 8.1.1 window slammed shut. And kinda lazy, and doubtful of "how much less buggy" it is over the version I'm on.

I should count my blessings I suppose

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Whilst I haven't noticed any difference going from 8.1.1 to 8.1.2, my battery life is definitely no worse. In all honesty the battery has been great since day one. The few tweaks I use all work on 8.1.2 so for me, I don't regret updating at all.

On the flip side though, it was the same for me on 8.1.1 so I could have happily stayed on that.

OCD+ Available jailBreak = update for me

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I went ahead and did the Shrink upgrade to More Icons for .99. With shrink, More Icons and hideme8 I won't even think about springtomize again.

I like it so far, but the option Folder Row Spacing doesn't seem to be doing anything and it just stays like this.
Is this a bug or something?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 65

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
I like it so far, but the option Folder Row Spacing doesn't seem to be doing anything and it just stays like this.
Is this a bug or something?

I never noticed before I was hiding the folder background. My icons do sit a little lower than yours I'm not sure how I achieved it. Looks like if you had badges they'd be cut off? Maybe because my icons are shrunk to 90%...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.