Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
Our family owns an iPad Mini, Apple model #FE280LL/A, currently running iOS 11.2.2.

We purchased this iPad as a refurbished device, directly from Apple, over a year ago. We enjoy using it and want to expand its use.

We have a Microsoft Office 365 Home 5-pack account active. We want to use Microsoft OneNote on the iPad to take notes during meetings. We were wondering if we could buy a third-party stylus to use with the iPad for notes in OneNote during meetings and on work projects.

1: Are there aftermarket styluses (styli?) available that work with the iPad Mini under iOS 11?

2: If we shop for a stylus, what specs should we look for?

Thanks in advance.

itsbennett

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2018
Massachusetts
Well, styluses are made with the intention of being able to be used for anything. After all it's just a pen with a rubber dome at the end of it. It should work with anything.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I personally use a Bluetooth keyboard :) it helps me to take notes. I don’t care to draw or write but I do have a smaller stylus from a dollar store that’s great for it. It has a pen on one side and the rubber dome on the other :). They just need to make styluses like the Galaxy Note thin small etc :)

flaubert

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Adonit makes a line of styli for tablets that work really well. They have a clear disk on the end that simulates the pad of your finger, yet allows you to see precisely where the tip of the stylus is positioned. Search for "Adonit stylus" on Amazon and you'll find them easily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.