Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I've seen some vague posts made here and there about people watching TV on their iphones, whether by using apps, AppleTV...whatever that is, or some other options. I would be very interested in hearing more about this as there are a lot of shows that I watch that are not available on itunes.

So, are there any options for being able to watch TV on an iphone? Even if I have to buy a slingbox, or some other contraption?

steveapp

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I've seen some vague posts made here and there about people watching TV on their iphones, whether by using apps, AppleTV...whatever that is, or some other options. I would be very interested in hearing more about this as there are a lot of shows that I watch that are not available on itunes.

So, are there any options for being able to watch TV on an iphone? Even if I have to buy a slingbox, or some other contraption?

I dont know about iPhone TV but i know in the UK at least you can watch things over BBC iPlayer though it needs Wifi - the quality is great and you can watch almost any BBC program from the past 7 days

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
I have a Slingbox and would love for a SlingPlayer app to be available. I don't check in too often with their site but the last time I did they were working on a player for Blackberry devices (they already have one for WinMob devices).

markgamber

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2005
Redneck, PA
Sling Media showed a "proof of concept" at WWDC so I'd have to guess that they're working on a Slingplayer client for iPhone. When? Don't hold your breath. Sling Media makes good stuff but they are SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW. But at least there's something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.