Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

f1vespeed

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
I can't stop grinning like an idiot. I get to sit inside 494 richly detailed life-sized 3d car interiors, drive them on 34 tracks, sometimes at wild speeds. It somehow causes zero motion sickness and only the mildest eye strain. THIS is a killer app for VR. It's the entirety of a real mature AAA game that's been made for decades. No, I do not work for Sony, I'm an Apple nerd who got serious VR fever recently for some reason.

Despite how mediocre the PSVR2 is compared to an AVP (ergonomics aside), this has been my favorite AR/VR experience of all time and it's super compelling, not two days go by where I don't sneak in an hour of playing the game. It's also MUCH easier to play this way than on a TV, your visibility is exquisite.

While I struggled with whether or not to return the AVP, and am disappointed that this won't be a year of unbridled AVP enjoyment, I tried GT7 on PSVR 2 in a time of desperate thirst for VR satisfaction when I heard Nilay Patel mention it on a random podcast episode, and it's been just a wonderful surprise.

Anyone who's into racing games and has a passing interest in a 100% legit VR experience, don't miss this one. It's the best thing I've found in this space right now.

Last edited:

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
I'm a huge GT fan and bought a PSVR2 thinking it would be the bees knees..

Despite plenty of VR experience, GT7 in VR made me literally want to throw up in under a minute..
Tried it several times over a week before I had to return it

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
GT7 on PSVR2 is incredible. Also Resident Evil 4's VR mode just released about a month or so ago and that's an absolute blast, both of these have to be in the top 5 VR gaming experiences out there today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.