Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hmblebee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
AppIcon_256.png

Tank Wars: 3001

Hi all, I've released Tank Wars: 3001 for Mac (& iPad) and wanted to share a link for anyone who might enjoy it. It's a Scorched Earth clone in the spirit of other Mac classics like Dome Wars (which I have very fond memories of playing back in the 90's).

There is a Tournament mode, but the real fun is configuring Custom Matches with any mix of human or A.I. players. There are four A.I. modes, and matches can have any assortment of up to 8 players and 4 teams.

The game also has over 50 sci-fi weapons and defensive items which can be purchased using the cash bonuses earned from victories. The weapons vary from standard ordinance like artillery, missiles, and rockets to more advanced items like guided nukes, dirt bombs, vaporizers, and cluster bombs.

For anyone who is interested but can't support the game's development by purchasing it, I'll put a couple free download codes below as well. Any gameplay feedback or feature requests are welcome.

Mac promo codes:

Code:
NR7TRXN6KR4J
RYNWPN3RAW3X
NHLEYPEYFPEE
LPLEAFFH6N9T

Game website: Official game webpage
Mac App Store: Mac App Store Link

Thanks for checking it out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.