Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johny328i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
Bulgaria
Guys am I the only one who's Tapatalk is causing the phone to heat up and use much battery ?

I'm on a new 13P with iOS 15.6. I have the phone for a week now. It was the same on 15.5, after soft reset, factory reset, yesterday I even did a DFU restore.

Tapatalk just refuses to work well. In bigger threads it even starts to slow down and lag.

clarencek

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
I have two forums where I stopped using Tapatalk. Would slow down to a crawl and basically unusable. Have to use their mobile website.

clarencek

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
I have two forums where I stopped using Tapatalk. Would slow down to a crawl and basically unusable. Have to use their mobile website.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Could be the ads if you're not VIP. There have been others in the past complaining about the ads heating up their devices and think it's ad related. I haven't run into any issue myself with overheating but I do have VIP and don't see ads.

Try emailing Tapatalk support directly. They seem to be more responsive to email than reporting on the forums.

johny328i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
Bulgaria
That's a bummer. I have no issues on my second phone - Google pixel 5.

There forum I use the most doesn't have a mobile version :(

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington
Guys am I the only one who's Tapatalk is causing the phone to heat up and use much battery ?

I'm on a new 13P with iOS 15.6. I have the phone for a week now. It was the same on 15.5, after soft reset, factory reset, yesterday I even did a DFU restore.

Tapatalk just refuses to work well. In bigger threads it even starts to slow down and lag.

You aren't the only one. I have an iPhone 13 Pro- and I noticed lately that it gets HOT when I use Tapatalk to browse MacRumors. The phone can get a little warm using other apps, but just barely noticeable- but after a half hour on Tapatalk, it gets really hot. That seems odd given that I am just browsing discussion forums?

Veerasayz

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2020
I was just trying post a message from Tapatalk and I thought my iPhone 13 would blast anytime. Such a dangerous app, I uninstalled it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.